Sunday 22 June 2014

Taking time out.


I love my job. I really do. I get to surround myself with talented people and work with a really great team. Not many people get to say that they work with their best friend and I love that I can, but as any business owners will know, establishing your working hours is one of the hardest parts. Choosing what time to switch off, turn off your emails and stop working can be really hard. This is something at times I really can be guilty of.

With a partner who works in the creative industry and also runs their own business I have to admit we have spent many a Friday evening working into the night, on various projects, chatting over emails and eating dinner in-between deadlines. It's great that we both understand the bizarre hours, the long days and the sometimes lack of weekend but sometimes, we need to take a step back and just take some time out.

Living in Liverpool we are very lucky to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery. There really is something for everyone. If you are a lover of architecture, there is an abundance of sights to see. If you love strolling around greenery, we have some of the prettiest parks and open spaces there is. It was after reading a similar post earlier this year, that made me realise. I need to start appreciating this more and taking the time to relax.

Last week, with the sun shining, I headed to one of the parks local to me. Sefton Park. It was full of people all with the same idea. Walking dogs, feeding the ducks and eating picnics. One of the great things about Sefton Park is that every corner you turn, or hill you walk up, there is something new to see. From the palm house, to the lake there is always a quiet spot to be found. Not to mention the baby ducks, swans and geese everywhere. I am a sucker for a baby animal and seeing them up close really made my day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment